Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Taj Trip Report

Nothin' like it. Wake up in the morning, realize, "Hey. I could be sitting at the Taj in 45 minutes." Domenic calls, and *poof* we're there. I sat at the 3/6 game for about 5 hours, taking in about $181 from the players. Had a few memorable hands, but the most memorable was the last one I was involved in. Of course, it requires some background.

I plopped down about 11am at a jovial, fun-loving table. So fun-loving that seven of the players never left. They were there when we sat, they were there when we left. One guy came in in the middle, and had top two pair cracked 5 times. Not junk 2-pair, either, I cracked him with him holding AJs on an A-J-6 flop. Of course, I had 66. He ended up losing close to $200, and he played much better than that showed. The table was so loose, so passive, so unpredictable, that I actually played "any ace, any place" with some success. Now this other guy, who sat to Domenic's right, was a real jackass. Abusing dealers, and the like. He got what he deserved. The guy to my left was a pure LAG, but one who knew what he was doing. He seemed to be a regular, and as he got bored, the action got fun:

A three way pot, the solid LAG, the asshole, and this older guy. Raised pre-flop, the LAG is in the BB. Remember that--it becomes important later. He calls and sees a flop of A-4-5. Bets and gets called. The turn is another A. Then, all hell breaks loose. Bet-raise-re-raise-cap. River card an 8. Bet-raise-re-raise-cap. Asshole flips A6, Old guy flips A-2. LAG? 2-3. Asshole was all-in on the river. He gets WAY pissed, asks the dealer for a chip to hold his seat (by saying, "What am I speaking, fuckin' Chinese?" to the Asian dealer. This got him warned), and proceeds to the ATM. He was on big-time tilt. It's a shame, because he actually could've been a solid player.

Now I get my turn. I'm in the BB, look down at 63o. Family pot--big time. 6 players come in, then the 7th, the button says, "raise." This guy was a good, talkative guy. I look at him (thinking of Piers' BB defense) and say, "Naah, I don't respect that--I call," after the SB also called. 8 players to raised pre-flop action. Flop? 6-2-3, 2 diamonds (the 6 and the 3). SB fires, I raise, get called in 6 places. The turn? Another glorious 3. SB bets--WTF? I raise, Guy to my right folds, asshole re-raises, old guy caps. I gleefully come along. River is the 8 of diamonds, putting 3 diamonds on the board. Old guy bets, I raise, asshole re-raises all-in. We both call. Asshole stands and literally slams his cards down on the table. 7 of diamonds, two of diamonds, screams at me "FLUSH!" and goes to grab the pot. Old guy shows the 10 of diamonds and the 5 of diamonds and says, "Bigger flush." I turn over my 63o and say, calmly, "Full house." Table goes nuts. The asshole kicks his chair, I offer my hand to him--he just steams away. HUGE pot to me.

I'm feeling, as Teddy KGB would say, "Very satisfied."

Overall, a great trip, a winning day, and I can't wait to do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home