Thursday, February 02, 2006

Monsters Under the Bed, Part Deux...

Dropped a buy-in at the $50 NL today--how I did it is stupefying. I lost the buy-in with 3 hands. Watch the carnage and see why I get nervous about the old MutB...

Hand 1: KJs on the button. I raise to $2, flop is K-J-2. I lead out for a half-pot bet. UTG opponent calls. Turn brings an ace. I lead for the pot, he pushes his remaining $12 into the pot, I insta-call, and he shows me 22. My two pair is no goot.

Hand 2: QQ in EP. I raise to $2 (my standard pre-flop raise), and get only the button to call. Flop is 4-A-Q. I lead out for half the pot, he pushes his stack all-in and shows me AA. My set of Q's no goot.

Hand 3: KK in MP1. I raise to $2 with only $6 in front of me, get re-raised all-in by the button, call and he shows me AA. My KK no goot.

Yes, Virginia, there are monsters under the bed sometimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger WillWonka said...

Online poker is soooo rigged. Bad Beats there brother.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Not even bad beats--second best hands. And they're on me like white on rice.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home