Thursday, March 17, 2005

Back to No-Limit

Last night I decided to go back to my no-limit roots. I played a 0.25/0.50 NL table on Stars ($25 NL), and finished my session up about $10. Baby steps. A couple interesting hands, including a laydown of AA by me to a A-Q-J-T board, and I was right--he had the king. I won a big pot against AA with a big blind special of 96o, flopping two pair on the 9-6-2 flop and holding up. I flopped a Mike McD and won a decent sized pot against two pair (T8s on the button, flop came 6-9-7 rainbow). The hand was Rounders down to the river ace. I wanted to type in "I flopped the nut straight," just so TeddyKGB could yell "Motherfucker!"

I played only because I couldn't sleep, and that's not a good thing, but all things are good that end in winnings, right?

By the way, I just wanted to thank all of you for your encouraging words in my slump. It's funny, because all the things you all have said to me, I already know. It just makes it feel better to hear it from someone else. That's why the bloggers stick together (mostly).

Story of the Day



Monster Under Bed For Sale on eBay

And in case you were wondering, here is the auction.

So in the past few months, we've seen ghosts, monsters, and advertising space on someone's own belly sold on eBay. I want to see somebody sell their bad luck next. Damn. I should try that!

As I type this, 5-seed Alabama is down to 12-seed Wisconsin-Milwaukee by 9 with 8:38 to go in the 2nd half. Encouragement--suck outs happen everywhere!

Tomorrow, we're going to see The Ring two. The first one scared the shit out of Mrs. PokerShark.

...seven days...


Ladies--watch the original after midnight, in the dark, with a wise-ass boyfriend who uses his cell phone to call your house as soon as the movie ends. See if it scares you. Hee hee.

We're going to be heading down to the Trop and/or the Taj early in the afternoon Saturday. Anybody got tips on how to get your name on the list early? Report will follow...

Enjoy St. Patty's Day and hoist a green one for me!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home