Friday, July 08, 2005

Just Chatting...and Limit Auto Rate Rules for PT!

Sorry I've been away for so long. This whole wedding thing has been taking a huge toll on my free time, and it isn't going to get any easier with work until the big day. I hope to be able to play a little bit between now and then, but it isn't looking real great to be honest.

Question of the day: Why is it that I sit at a table, play well, win a good deal, then lose a good chunk of it back? I bought in to a 3/6 table with $150, ran it to $287, then dropped it back to $163! Is it that I see the stack size and get greedy? Or more likely that I just suck??

Limit Auto-Rate Rules



After a bunch of testing over at Bet-the-Pot, what is in my opinion the best poker forum on the internet, we have the auto-rate rules finished. You can download mine here. The explanation/justification is over in the Limit forum at Bet-the-Pot, rather than post it all here. They work out very well, and yield a really good distribution of players, and most of all, it flags not only the solid players you should avoid, but also the players that are just so bad, you have an obligation to take all their money. Thanks again to excession and the guys over at BTP for their input and for the base NL rules!!

Trop Trip Report



Domenic and myself went with the significant others to Trop last weekend for some comedy and poker fun. After a refreshing "dinner" at Hooters, after which we roshambo'ed for the check (I won...), and a funny-as-hell comedy show, we plopped down at the 2/4 (only had $120 or so to gambool with--wedding stuff) and proceeded to have a blast. Well, I did. Domenic had KK cracked TWICE, once by 73o IIRC, and again by another trash hand. This one guy there was a waste of chips. He decides he's tired around 2 AM (what is he, some sort of wuss? some sort of girl??) and begins raising in the dark on every street. What a douchebag. He actually won a hand this way, but overall, lasted about 15 minutes before he busted.

Great Advice of the Day: Always listen to your dealer. I sat first, and was in the 10 seat, with the button at the 8 seat. I considered waiting for the BB, but the dealer (who introduced himself as I sat--"Hey, I'm...) Hoopes (yes, his real name), tells me I should post, saying "Always listen to your dealer." I consider it, and say what the hell--the quicker I post, the more I play before the girls come and get us. I post, and look down at 64o. I want to smack the daylights out of Hoopes until he dealt a flop of 2-3-5 rainbow. I end up taking a $50-something pot, and, tossing him a $5 chip I advise the table, "Always listen to your dealer." Thanks again, Hoopes.

It was a rough night for Domenic, and it never hurts that he got sat to my immediate left. Of course, I raise him out of a few pots. Of course, he gets pissed and looks into a seating change. You know, the only thing worse than having an uber-aggressive player to your right is having two to your right. I felt sorry for the poor bastard on the dealer's right (in the 1s), and I felt really sorry for the guy on Domenic's left. He went into rock mode and played like 3 hands in an hour. I think he went back to his room and cried all night. So, about 3 AM, the girls decide it's time to go (what are they, wusses? eh...girls?), and I of course just posted my BB. After pleading, I end up playing one last orbit, not winning a damn thing, or even playing a hand, and we end up taking the not-so-long trip up the AC Expressway. After dropping Domenic and his girl off, we truck back to our house, and I climb in bed sometime around 4:30 AM (what am I, some kind of wuss? a girl?). I finished up $30-something dollars, and overall was happy with the night.

Saturday night is my bachelor party. There will be no poker played (what are they wusses?? girls?), but I'm sure fun will be had by most, and if somebody doesn't have fun, they're obviously a wuss or a girl.... :-)

Enjoy the weekend all.

1 Comments:

Blogger jremotigue said...

Thanks for the auto rate rules. I'll take a look and after some review, give you some feedback.

Keep up the great writing.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home