Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Turning a Corner in My Poker Career

First off, I'd like to thank everyone in the community for all their well wishes for the birth of my daughter, and for all their advice about fitting poker into a life at home with a baby. I'd also like to say that you were ALL right.

Having a baby is one of the most rewarding things, and at the same time, one of the most frustrating things a person can ever go through. With that being said, the love you feel for that little one is something that can't be described, matched, or replaced. It's also something that really "interferes" with the course of a conventional poker career.

So what I decided to do is start a project with my poker playing:

I'm playing Limit Holdem at PokerStars (3/6 and 5/10), and Pot-Limit Omaha 8-or better at Full Tilt ($50). I'm starting with 200 BB in the 5/10 game at Stars, and 8 buy-ins in the $50 PL game at Full Tilt. Whatever I make weekly above and beyond that, I'm cashing out weekly on Sunday. I'm taking that money and putting half of it away for my daughter, and investing the other half for our family. So far, I've done pretty damn well. I started in earnest May 1, without even calling it "my project." But due to the miracle of PokerTracker, I've been able to keep pretty good track of my winnings.

I've gotten a great deal out of poker in the last two years, and now, my family's going to benefit from poker at least as much as I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home