Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Busy Busy Busy...

I hate making excuses. I feel like I'm making excuses about why I don't post to this blog as much (hardly at all) anymore. You know, the baby, blah blah blah, work has been hectic, blah blah blah, and all that crap.

I can tell you that I've put up some real monster posts on my VegasPokerPro blog, but that doesn't go real well, because even though I can tell you to go sign up for VPP and their forums, and that they give you free gifts just for signing up at a site and playing poker, it still means that I'm not posting here as much.

Here's what I can tell you: Having a 4-month old baby at home is rewarding, challenging, and exhausting all at the same time. I recommend it highly. I can also tell you that for whatever reason, I just can't seem to win at PokerStars anymore.

I played 5/10 LHE for the first time in months this morning and I proceeded to donk (?) off $120 in about 15 minutes. Mind you, this was a game that I crushed as recently as March of this year. Yeah, it was short term, yeah, it's just a session, but after dropping > $500 in very limited play at Stars, I think it's time for a bit of a break from my "home site." That's not to say that the games aren't soft. It's just to say that I've hit my own sort of mental block there, both in LHE and NLHE, so I'm going to finish clearing my bonus money there and take a little break from Stars. I'm making more than enough from other sites to keep me happy. It's just a mental block sort of thing...

With that being said, poker's going well, not great, just well. I go through spurts where I have supreme confidence in my game, and other times when I question whether or not I should even play. At those times, you'll find me basically teaching over at VegasPokerPro.com and their forums. I have my own forum over there, and I do quite a bit of NL and LHE hand analysis and PokerTracker stuff, and by teaching, I learn. It's a strange concept, but it's very true. Remember this: You can't teach what you don't know.

The other thing that has been taking up a lot of my time is Rockstar:Supernova. I'm obsessed with the show (being a rocker myself) and it takes up probably 3-4 hours a week of my previously spent poker time. I spend two hours watching and the other 1-2 hours arguing with my equally obsessed wife about who was good and who sucked.

Gratuitous picture of Alexis:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Isn't she adorable?

I am going to make a concerted effort to do better at posting here. Just remember though, don't be a stranger yourselves. Make sure you add my VPP blog to your bookmarks: http://vegaspokerpro.com/tiburon41 and stop by the forum. It's free, and you get free stuff!

Enjoy all, best of luck at the tables.

3 Comments:

Blogger WillWonka said...

I read you loud and clear.. I have a two week old around now to go with the 2 1/2 old. All I can say is....

Yeah, what you said..

I will go take a look over at VPP

I can't remember the last time I found time to blog

4:50 PM  
Blogger mikey k said...

Whats up Tony
your poker enthusiasm has always inspired me a bit, but I understand where you're at in terms of not posting as frequently as you used to. there are more important things and it sounds great that you're able to devote a lot of time and energy with your kid. i myself have taken a break with poker...been roadtripping around the country and just got back now and about to head into my 3rd year of pharmacy...sigh.

anyways, just wanted to drop a line, your posts on your other blog are insane..wish I could be at that level of thinking.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All the best free bets online here for you. We have over £10000 in free bets and bookies offers for you to claim. So get Free Betting offers NOW and skybet free bet

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home