Saturday, September 30, 2006

More on the Legislation...

In response to Richard (Quiet Lion) Brodie, who honors me by reading my humble blog (and he should read the REAL strategy stuff at the VPP Blog)...and who mentioned in a comment that Orwell's 1984 was written 56 years ago in 1948...

You know, Richard, I didn't even see that in the article. Had I proofread before I cut/paste this morning (note the time--baby was awake), I'd have spotted it in a heartbeat.

Doesn't change the fact that it scares the daylights out of me that our government seems to be chopping away at our liberties in the bogus interest of security and morals...It's seeming like this country is becoming rapidly no better than Orwell's world...

When I first saw the information about the legislation, I was angry. I admit. Now that I've had some time to digest the information, what the legislation means, and what is REALLY going on in this country, I'm infuriated. The large sites have all come to the US government and basically BEGGED to be regulated/taxed a la the UK, but the US government, on its high moral horse, refused. It's amusing, and here I really don't care who I piss off, but a forum that I participate in (not VPP) has several members--who are all outstanding people, by the way--that have very different political views to mine. They toss around words in the off-topic forums like "liberal" like it's roughly equivalent to "child molester." They defend the Republican right like it [as a unit] is their very own child, and defend the policies, because of varying reasons, some starting from 9/11, others starting from the conservative natures of their home states/upbringing.

My question to them is, what now my friends? Our government, led by true POLITICIANS (the real "dirty word" in this equation) have screwed us royally. The great joke of our nation is that we are a "representative democracy." Our politicians have no interest in representing us. They represent only those that line their pockets.

Here's to them learning in November that no matter how much money special interests funnel into their bank accounts, the REAL people that sign their paychecks are pretty pissed off, and we're tired of being repeatedly disappointed by those we elected to office, on empty promises.

...and that goes for BOTH sides of the aisle, boys.

You want to make a difference? Make your voice heard. Call your Senators? No. They couldn't (for the most part) give a damn less. Make your voice heard with your VOTE. Vote these miscreants out--NOW. Let's not make the same mistake twice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard Brodie said...

uh...58 years ago? ;-)

QL

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home